"Committed to Our Community"
A message from Chief Michael Cummings
The New Hope Borough Police Department serves a diverse and proud community located on the Pennsylvania – New Jersey border. Our rich historical and artistic heritage serves as the fundamental building blocks of our unique community.
The police department is committed to providing professional and responsive community policing to all the stakeholders of this town. The police department offers 24 hour professional service and coverage 365 days a year. The police department operates out of new building located at 125 New Street in the Borough of New Hope.
This website is a portal to see what your police department provides to its citizens. It will serve as a way for the police to stay in contact and provide valuable information to the residents, business community, and visitors who are in contact with us daily. I hope you find the information useful in your dealings with us. If you have any concerns or ideas for improvement of this site feel free to contact me personally.
Chief Michael V. Cummings
About Chief Cummings
Michael Cummings has served as Chief of the New Hope Borough Police Department since January 2009. Chief Cummings has over 33 years of law enforcement experience. Chief Cummings retired from the Doylestown Borough Police Department after serving there as a patrol officer, K-9 handler, patrol sergeant, detective sergeant, and Lieutenant. He is a graduate of Temple University with a B.A. in Sociology/Criminology. He has post graduate management studies at the Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy and the Northwestern University School of Police Staff and Command.
New Hope Borough Police Mission Statement
We, the members of the New Hope Borough Police Department, are committed to providing the utmost of service in the public interest. We do this by preserving the peace, promoting safety, protecting constitutional rights and ensuring a comfortable quality of life in our community.
- Acknowledging our responsibility and accountability to the citizens of New Hope Borough, our source of authority.
- Performing our duties within the spirit and to the letter of our laws and the U.S. Constitution.
- Remaining sensitive to human needs and treating each person with respect, compassion and dignity.
- Approaching each situation as unique and responding creatively, with empathy and the prudent use of discretion.
- Promoting mutual trust between the department and the residents and institutions of New Hope Borough.
- Enhancing the safety and feeling of security for the New Hope Borough residents.
- Fostering a quality work environment that encourages open communication and affords trust, respect, and support for each member.