Benefits of Appliance Recycling
If you have an older, working second refrigerator or freezer in your garage or basement, it may be costing you more money than you think. Did you know that it could use three times more electricity than a newer model, consuming nearly $150 in energy each year?
With this in mind, it doesn’t make sense to hold on to it, especially when PECO will pick it up for FREE pay you to recycle it!
- PECO will pay $75 for each working refrigerator and freezer (limit 2 per account holder per year).
- Plus an additional $10 for a working room air conditioner when you schedule a refrigerator or freezer pickup.
- FREE pickup.
- Dismantling, recycling and disposal of all parts in an environmentally responsible way to reduce the amount of landfill waste.
PECO have teamed up with ARCA Recycling to offer this unique program designed to save energy and help the environment. You must be a PECO residential delivery services customer, and your refrigerator or freezer must be:
- Between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size (size is usually indicated on the side of the refrigerator or freezer door)
- Empty, defrosted and working at the time of pick-up
- Accessible with a clear and safe path of removal. The removal team will not risk injury, remove personal effects or modify your home (e.g. remove doors or railings) to remove the unit(s).
For application and to learn more about the program, call 888-5-PECO-SAVE (1-888-573-2672) or visit the PECO website.